NSW WARATAHS (WARATAHS RUGBY) MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
i. In these Terms, references to “we”, “us” and/or “our” are references to NSW Waratahs. NSW Waratahs has the same meaning as Waratahs Rugby P/L, abbreviated to WRPL (ABN 14 141 172 287).
ii. The word “you” refers to you individually.
iv. The Member acknowledges and agrees that their Membership with the NSW Waratahs is subject to the terms of the Agreement. If a Member does not agree to the terms of the Agreement, they must not submit a completed Membership Application to the NSW Waratahs. In addition to the terms of the Agreement, each Member must comply with any rules and regulations imposed by the venue on Members from time to time.
Definitions in this agreement:
• “Home Match” means any of the matches designated as a NSW Waratahs home match during the 2020 Super Rugby home and away season, and excludes any Finals Match.
• “Finals Match” means any match designated as a NSW Waratahs home finals match played at a venue.
• “Competition” means the Super Rugby Competition conducted by SANZAAR Pty Ltd ACN 069 272 304,
• “Matches” means Home Matches and Finals Matches (as appropriate).
• “Membership Fee” means the fee payable by a Member to WRPL on the terms set of the Agreement.
• “NSW Waratahs Membership” and/or “Membership” means Life Membership (including Honorary, Foundation, Life and Life Member Plus), Season Membership, 4 Game Flexi Membership, 2 Game Flexi Membership, Womens Waratah Membership, Country Membership, Supporter Membership and Baby Membership, together with any other category of Membership of the NSW Waratahs (as deemed appropriate from time to time by WRPL).
• “Venue” means any stadium where a NSW Waratahs Home Match or Finals Match is played.
1. Payment of membership must be made at time of application. If WRPL is unable to fulfil a request for membership category or seating allocation, WRPL will contact the member and WRPL will honour a refund if no alternative arrangement can be reached.
2. All bookings are final and non-refundable following a cooling off period of 72 hours where a Member must contact the club in writing to terminate the membership if they do not agree with these Terms and Conditions as set by WRPL.
3. It is a condition of sale of a NSW Waratahs membership that the membership (or associated tickets to WRPL fixtures) may not, without the prior written consent of WRPL, be resold at a premium nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be denied admission.
4. Members are required to notify WRPL of any change in member contact details at the soonest possible opportunity, including changes to any relevant information that could affect your WRPL membership such as change in student status.
5. All fans and members attending NSW Waratahs matches are subject to the code of conduct of the match venue. Members deemed by the venue or WRPL to be in breach of the applicable code of conduct may have their membership cancelled at the discretion of WRPL.
6. The NSW Waratahs (WRPL) membership team can be contacted via phone on 1300 733 899, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website www.waratahs.com.au or by writing to the Membership Department, Waratahs Rugby, Locked Bag 1222, Paddington, NSW 2021, Australia.
7. Once you submit your Membership Application and Membership Fee, WRPL shall consider your Membership Application. If your Membership Application is accepted, WRPL will send written confirmation of your membership. Members are required to provide a valid email address in their Membership Application in order to receive an email confirmation of the acceptance of their Membership Application.
Payment and Fees
8. WRPL will set ticket prices each year. The ticketing agency as appointed by the match venue may set additional fees including a service & handling fee, or booking / processing / delivery fee. These costs are outside the control of WRPL, are incurred by the Member and are on top of any WRPL membership, renewal (subscription) and/or ticket prices.
9. All prices quoted for NSW Waratahs memberships are inclusive of GST.
10. All charges relating to NSW Waratahs memberships will appear on Members’ credit card or bank statements as ‘Ticketmaster – Waratah Melbourne AU’.
11. WRPL may apply a non-refundable administration fee of $9.95 for any ticket or membership transactions processed manually.
12. Renewal Fees
a. NSW Waratahs 2019 Season members who renew within first four (4) weeks of renewals will be entitled to access discounted Earlybird pricing (20% discount on 2020 new member prices).
b. NSW Waratahs 2019 Season members who renew prior to 24th December 2019 will be entitled to access discounted Loyalty pricing (10% discount on 2020 new member prices).
c. NSW Waratahs 2019 4 Game Flexi members who renew prior to 24th December 2019 will be entitled to access discounted Loyalty pricing (10% discount on 2020 new member prices).
d. Where applicable, WRPL will set the annual renewal fee each year. WRPL may charge interest and fees on overdue subscriptions.
e. WRPL may suspend a Member’s rights while his or her subscription (and any interest or fee) remains unpaid beyond the due date. If the annual subscription is not fully paid within six months of the due date, WRPL may cancel the membership.
13. Dishonoured payments
a. If a credit card payment is declined by your bank you will be contacted regarding an alternate form of payment. If you become aware of a failed payment before being contacted by WRPL you must contact us as soon as practical.
b. If a cheque is dishonoured you will be contacted regarding an alternate form of payment. All dishonoured cheques will incur an immediate fee of $20.00 as these fees are applied by the bank.
c. If any alternate payment methods provided are not successful your order will be removed from the seating allocation queue and your membership order may be cancelled.
14. All memberships purchased online will be subscribed to the automatic rollover plan.
15. By agreeing to pay your membership via the Payment Plan, you authorise WRPL to debit from your nominated Credit Card or Debit Account as set out when completing your membership renewal/purchase.
16. By opting into the Part Payment Plan, the member accepts the automatic roll-over of their membership in subsequent seasons. WRPL will contact you prior to processing any renewal. You will have 14 days from the date of notice to advise WRPL of any changes or upgrades you wish to make to your membership package, or to notify WRPL in writing if you do not wish to roll over your membership into the next season. Strict timeframes apply. If you do not notify WRPL that you do not wish to roll over your membership during this period, you will be taken to have agreed to your membership being rolled over. Please refer to ‘Rolling Renewals’ for full conditions around this.
17. Payments will be deducted via the nominated VISA, MasterCard or AMEX card
18. Instalments will be charged in equal amounts over eight (8) months following the payment schedule below.
|Instalment 1||At time of renewal / purchase|
|Instalment 2||7 November 2019|
|Instalment 3||7 December 2019|
|Instalment 4||7 January 2020|
|Instalment 5||7 February 2020|
|Instalment 6||7 March 2020|
|Instalment 7||7 April 2020|
|Instalment 8||7 May 2020|
20. Any member who renews or purchases a membership after the instalment schedule will be required to pay previous instalment amounts as part of first payment. The next instalment will be taken as per the above schedule.
22. It is the member’s responsibility to inform WRPL of any updates or changes to the nominated credit card, bank account or financial institution prior to the nominated monthly instalment date (7th of each month).
27. Family memberships refer to two (2) Adult and (2) Junior memberships or one (1) Adult and three (3) Junior memberships. Family memberships not made up of this combination in the Membership booking system will be cancelled and re-processed at the correct combination and price.
28. Date of birth must be provided at the time of purchase when registering for age-related membership packages (concession, junior, family).
29. Proof of age must be presented in person if requested. If a member is found to be ineligible for the membership package held, WRPL is entitled to charge that member for the difference in price to the correct membership package, or the membership package may be cancelled at the discretion of WRPL.
Women’s Rugby Contributions
49. All contributions to the Women’s rugby program via the WRPL membership website are not tax deductible
NSWRU/WARATAHS RUGBY LIFE MEMBERSHIP – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The obligations of the Union and entitlements of Life Members are set out in these terms and conditions.
In these Conditions the following terms have the following meanings:-
i. NSW Waratahs has the same meaning as Waratahs Rugby P/L, abbreviated to WRPL (ABN 14 141 172 287)
ii. ‘Union’ or ‘NSWRU’ means New South Wales Rugby Union Limited (ABN 70 000 222 711)
iii. ‘Directors’ means the board of directors, or other governing group of the Union.
iv. ‘Communications’ refers to any and all notices, calendars, publications or other forms of communications sent to the Member.
Please refer to the “NSW Waratahs membership terms and conditions” for definitions of ‘Match’ and ‘Venue’.
1. Life Members shall comply with these Conditions and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Union and all the rules and regulations made pursuant thereto, as from the time amended.
2. In some cases as specified by WRPL, one (1) Life Member pass entitles the holder to two (2) Life Member privileges, e.g. NSW Waratahs Life Members function
3. It is a condition of sale that tickets to NSWRU/NSW Waratahs fixtures may not be resold at a premium nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (incl. competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be denied admission and WRPL will not be held responsible.
4. ‘Life Member Plus’ is a person who purchased a life member package in, or after the season of 2014.
5. The Union will set Life Member fees at their discretion.
6. All joining, subscription and membership fees are final and non-refundable following a cooling off period of 72 hours where a Member must contact the club in writing to terminate the membership if they do not agree with these Terms and Conditions as set by WRPL.
7. Annual subscriptions for each year an individual remains a member will incur a further non-refundable fee.
Entitlements and Obligations
8. The Union will set Life Membership benefits at their discretion.
9. Life Member memberships purchased prior to and including season 2013 shall be entitled to one parking space in the vicinity of a Match venue in the designated area, subject to availability as determined by match venue staff and subject to presentation of the valid parking voucher.
10. ‘Life Member Plus’ packages do not include parking entitlements.
11. The Directors may in their discretion permit a Life Membership Card to be used by persons other than the Life Member to obtain benefits to which the Life member would have been entitled. Subject to written confirmation from the Directors permitting the Life Member to make his or her Life Membership card available to be used by another person, the Life Member shall be responsible for the conduct of such person and shall procure that he or she uses the Life Membership Card on the basis that he or she will comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. Should a member be found to be misusing entitlements or benefits, NSWRU may revoke that membership with immediate effect, at the discretion of the Directors.
12. Life Members shall receive communications containing rugby information and other Union publications, the number and content of such communications of which shall be at the discretion of NSWRU.
13. At the absolute discretion of the Directors, each Life Member may be entitled to the following benefits and opportunities if offered. Unless otherwise stated, fees for such events are payable by the Life Member if they wish to attend.
a. Special Match dinners and award nights nominated by the Directors.
b. Benefits by the way of discounted tickets, discounted family packages or free tickets.
14. Union Obligations and Rights
a. The Union shall be under no obligation to Life Members for any failure to make seating, parking or other benefits available arising by reason of the acts or omissions of its servants, agents or contractors or any other reason other than an intentional default on the part of the Directors.
b. The Union reserves the right to alter times and venues of Matches, functions, events or Tours and seating at Matches, functions, events or on Tours without notice and to cancel Matches, functions, events or Tours without notice if the Directors in their absolute discretion consider such alteration or cancellation necessary or desirable, provided that such refunds or response as the Directors consider fair shall be given to the Life Members affected by such alteration or cancellation.
c. If the Union ceases to hold rights to use, or ceases to exercise rights to use Allianz Stadium for the purpose of conducting Matches, Life Members rights, including rights to book seats and to use car parking facilities, may be varied or abrogated in such manner as the Directors may in their reasonable discretion decide is necessary in the circumstances.
d. The Union shall be under no obligation to Life Members for any failure to make available the benefits referred to herein where such failure arose after the Union had for any reason ceased to control the conduct of Matches, after this control has changed substantially or from factors beyond the control of the Union.
15. Seating Conditions
a. Each Life Member shall be entitled to book an unlimited number of membership packages, however if greater than two, NSWRU cannot guarantee that all memberships will be able to be seated in accordance with the Life Member benefit of “best available seats’. The Union will, however, attempt to accommodate all Life Members to their best ability.
16. All communications will be sent to a Life Member’s contact details specified on the application pursuant to which he or she became a Life Member. Should any contact details for the Life Member change, the Union must be notified immediately and the register/database shall be amended accordingly. The Union is not responsible for non-receipt by a Life Member of any communications arising because communications were sent to outdated contact details or because of any failure of the post.
17. Unless the Life Member instructs the Union to the contrary in writing, the Union may disclose any information relating to the Life Member held by the Union to third parties authorized by the Union to communicate with the Life Member including without limitation the purpose of making a promotional offer to the Life Member.
Termination & Transfer of Membership
18. The Life Membership of a Life Member will terminate if he or she fails to pay an annual subscription or for any other failure to comply with these terms and conditions or with the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Union or any other rules and regulations made pursuant thereto, as from time to time amended, or if the Life Member conducts himself or herself in a manner which, in the opinion of the Directors, is likely to bring the Union or rugby union football into disrepute. Upon such termination the Union shall be entitled to require that Life Member to return his or her Life Membership Card to the Union and the Union shall delete his or her name from the register of Life Members. Should that individual wish to again become a Life Member, joining fees will again be charged under the 'Life Member Plus' conditions.
19. A Life Membership is non-transferable, except with the prior written consent of the Directors, although a Life Membership Card may be used with his or her permission on the terms provided above.
Code of Conduct
20. Life Members and persons accompanying them shall behave themselves in a sober and orderly manner while attending any Match or other function conducted by or on behalf of the Union and while on any premises or grounds owned, leased, licensed or used by the Union and, while attending any of these events, shall obey all reasonable directions of the Union or duly authorized personnel and all rules or directions appearing on any ticket, signage, or other material relating to such event.
21. The Union shall not be responsible for any harm, injury, discomfort, theft or inconvenience suffered by Life Members, persons accompanying them or by their property while such persons are attending any Match, function, event or Tour conducted by or on the behalf of the Union or are on any premises or grounds owned, leased, licensed or used by the Union.
© Waratahs Rugby Pty Ltd 2019