Terms of Admission
1. General - The following NSW Waratahs Terms of Admission apply to all ticket holders and accredited persons attending the event.
By attending the event all persons agree to be bound by these Terms of Admission.
These Terms of Admission should be read in conjunction with the Match Venue Conditions of Entry and ticket conditions.
2. Ticket – Persons must not:
(a) resell or transfer, or attempt to resell or transfer, the ticket at a premium;
(b) use the ticket for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance thedemand for other goods or services; or
(c) package the ticket with other goods and services.
Tickets must be carried at all times and produced upon request.
3. Refund/Exchange – Tickets will not be refunded or exchanged except in accordance with the “Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia” (the Code), available at www.liveperformance.com.au. Except as provided by the Code, to the extent permitted by law, NSW Waratahs is not liable to any person for any loss (including consequential loss) arising out of, or in connection with, the cancellation or rescheduling of the event.
4. Refusal of Entry/Eviction – All persons acknowledge and agree that NSW Waratahs, Venue management, police and contracted security personnel may refuse entry or evict any person who they reasonably believe may have engaged in, or be likely to engage in conduct including, but not limited to:
(a) breach(es) of these Terms of Admission;
(b) conduct that jeopardises the safety or security at the Match Venue or event;
(c) intoxication or disorderly behaviour associated with alcohol or illicit substances;
(d) bringing in or attempting to bring in, or possession of Illegal, Prohibited or Restricted Items;
(e) Illegal, Prohibited or Restricted Activity;
(f) failing to comply with lawful directions by NSW Waratahs, Police, or Venue/ Security staff;
(g) failure to comply with a current NSW Waratahs Banning Notice or Court Order prohibiting entry to the event/venue; or
(h) unauthorised entry into the Match Venue or any part of the Match Venue e.g. without a valid entry ticket or accreditation.
5. Security Screening - All persons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the Match Venue and may be subject to search upon exit. Refusing a search of your person or possessions may result in refusal of entry or you may be asked to leave the Match Venue. Any person having entered the Match Venue and found to be in possession of an illegal, Prohibited or Restricted Item, shall have such item confiscated and may be evicted from the Match Venue and/or prosecuted by Police.
6. Surveillance - For the safety and security of Persons and staff, closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras may be operating in and around the Match Venue. All persons entering the Match Venue consent to having their image recorded. In the event of an incident, any footage obtained may be provided to Police and the Venue and used to prosecute or support the implementation of a ban on a person, or for other law enforcement purposes.
7. Prohibited/Restricted Items – The following is a non-exhaustive list of items that are prohibited by law and are not permitted to enter the Match Venue:
(a) illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit substances;
(b) flares, fireworks, weapons, explosives and smoke bombs; and
(c) Imitation, fake or toy weapons of any kind.
The following items are considered restricted and are not permitted to enter the Match Venue:
(a) alcoholic beverages;
(b) glass bottles, cans and breakable containers;
(c) projectiles of any description;
(d) recreational equipment such as skateboards, rollerblades and bicycles;
(e) animals and pets (other than Assistance Dogs);
(f) laser pointers;
(g) computers and/or electronic equipment to aid a person/s to conduct live betting;
(h) non-accredited photographic equipment and recording devices for commercial purposes including audio and video equipment;
(i) confetti or shredded paper;
(j) flag poles composed of materials other than plastic or wood or greater than 1.5 metres in length;
(k) signs, banners, flags and clothing displaying offensive, political, National, racial or unauthorised commercial material;
(l) eskies, coolers and iceboxes too large to be stored under a seat; and
(m) any item determined by NSW Waratahs that may cause injury, public nuisance or which is deemed dangerous to fellow spectators.
8. Prohibited/Restricted Activities - The following is a non-exhaustive list of activities that are restricted or prohibited within the Match Venue and participation in such activities may result in eviction:
(a) use of computers and/or electronic equipment to aid a person/s to conduct “live” betting;
(b) smoking (other than in a designated area);
(c) displaying commercial or offensive signage;
(d) throwing objects of any description;
(e) striking or igniting flares, fireworks, explosives and or smoke bombs;
(f) offensive or racist chanting or language;
(g) concealing identity with a scarf, balaclava, mask or other item unless for a religious, medical or other justifiable reason;
(h) storage of equipment or standing/sitting in aisles or walkways; and
(i) unauthorised soliciting and customer surveying.
9. Responsible Consumption of Alcohol - All persons entering the Match Venue are advised that:
(a) they are entering a licensed premise;
(b) persons identified as being intoxicated will not be permitted to enter;
(c) persons found in possession of liquor will not be permitted to enter;
(d) persons identified as being intoxicated will be removed from the premises;
(e) it is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
(f) it is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors;
(g) persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police; and
(h) penalties and fines may apply under the relevant State’s Liquor legislation.
10. Liability - Viewing of NSW Waratahs Controlled Matches and associated activities can be dangerous and may result in injury. Persons viewing such activities do so at their own risk. Persons bring personal items into the Match Venue at their own risk and assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Match Venue. The hirer and the Match Venue will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of a Person's personal property.
11. Pass-Outs - Are issued at the discretion of the Match Venue. Should pass-outs be granted, Persons wishing to re-enter the Match Venue must present both the pass-out and a valid ticket to regain entry. Persons will be subject to searches upon Match Venue re-entry.
12. Photographs and Broadcasts - Photographs taken within the Match Venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. Making or distributing of broadcasts, commentary, news reports or statistics (by any means including by mobile phone or other wireless device) is prohibited.
13. Image Release - Persons grant NSW Waratahs the non-exclusive right to use their image and likeness in any form or medium, as part of any broadcast or recording of the match and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials).
14. General Conditions – The following general conditions apply:
(a) Persons must occupy the seat specified on their ticket;
(b) smoking is prohibited other than in designated smoking areas;
(c) umbrellas are permitted into the Match Venue (subject to the Match Venue’s Conditions of Entry) but, for the comfort of others, must not be raised in the seating or concourse areas;
(d) for safety reasons, strollers and prams may not be permitted in the seating bowl;
(e) unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the field of play. Prosecutions may be pursued for unauthorised access to either the Match Venue or field of play; and
(f) Persons are responsible for their own conduct whilst in the Match Venue and must pay for the cost of repair of any damage caused to the Match Venue as a result of their conduct.
15. Breach of Terms of Admission - If Persons breach these Terms of Admission they may be:
(a) denied access to, or evicted from, the Match Venue, have their ticket (and any future tickets) cancelled and be required to deliver up any ticket in their possession;
(b) banned from attending future matches by a Court, Match Venue, or at the discretion of NSW Waratahs;
(c) asked for identification by NSW Waratahs (including its authorised contractors, agents or employees), Police, Match Venue Management or Contract Security staff.
Information collected from or on Persons who breach the Terms of Admission may be shared between Match Venue Management, Contract Security staff, Police, Member Unions, World Rugby, SANZAAR and or Licenced Premises local to the Match Venue. This information may be used to prosecute or support the implementation of a ban on the person, or for other law enforcement purposes, and Persons consent to such use.
16. Privacy Waiver - Persons grant consent for their name, address, date of birth and photograph to be provided to the relevant State or Federal Police, Match Venue Owner Operator or Contract Security staff, Member Unions, World Rugby and SANZAAR in the event that they are evicted from or arrested within the Match Venue and for State or Federal Police to disclose to NSW Waratahs the nature and result of any action or criminal proceeding initiated by Police as a consequence of their eviction from or arrest within the Match Venue.
17. Privacy Notification - All persons entering the Match Venue are advised, in accordance with applicable State and Commonwealth Privacy legislation, that the relevant State or Federal Police and Match Venue Owner Operators may provide NSW Waratahs with the name, address, date of birth and photograph of any person detained or arrested by Police at the Match Venue, or evicted from the Match. Venue and the nature of any action or criminal proceeding initiated by the relevant party as a consequence so that NSW Waratahs can consider, and if deemed necessary, implement a ban on the person from attending future NSW Waratahs Controlled Matches at nominated Match Venues.