The NSW Waratahs have confirmed they will host a crowd at their Round 2 Vodafone Super Rugby AU fixture against the Western Force at the SCG – in line with current NSW Government biosecurity regulations.
It’s been confirmed that 2020 NSW Waratahs Members – with game access as part of their Membership – and Sydney Cricket Ground Trust Members will be able to attend the game on Saturday 11 July. SCG Members have been notified by the Trust on how to enter the ballot to secure tickets.
NSW Rugby confirmed the news to their Members yesterday, following close talks with the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust about providing Members and corporate partners with the opportunity to attend games live.
NSW Rugby CEO, Paul Doorn said the decision was built of several positive conversations, bio-security assessments and detailed planning from all involved.
“This is a huge result not only for a group of our most loyal supporters, but for the Super Rugby squad and the game of rugby as a whole,” Doorn said.
“To return to something that resembles normality, with our Members seeing rugby live in stadia is something we’re really excited about.
“That being said, to ensure we respect bio-security protocols and social-distancing recommendations this will be a different experience to a traditional match day.”
Doorn said while there was a desire to open the fixture to ticketed fans, the organisation’s approach was about ensuring a safe experience for all involved.
“Whilst we’re looking forward to having Members into next week’s game, we’re also acutely aware of the responsibility we have to provide a safe environment for everyone from players and officials to staff and spectators,” Doorn added.
“At this stage it will just be Members who can attend, but with the changing nature of bio-security, we’ll be re-visiting this to see what other opportunities we can provide NSW Waratahs fans.”
Requirements for 2020 NSW Waratahs Members to access Round 2:
- To secure your tickets, Members need to complete the registration form provided by email by no later than 5pm Monday 6th July to guarantee access. There will be no requirement to have your Membership card on match day.
- Additional tickets are not able to be purchased by 2020 NSW Waratahs Members.
- Membership cards will not be active for this game and pre-registration for tickets is compulsory.
- Only 1 ticket will be issued for each NSW Waratahs membership held.
- Due to government regulations around social distancing, members will not be guaranteed the same seat/s they have previously held.
- All tickets will be sent to members the week of the game and will need to be printed and brought to the venue if issued by email.
- All tickets will be allocated a bay and a row, but not a specific seat to allow members flexibility to sit in their groups away from other people.
- Every second row will be left vacant in order to allow for social distancing measures to be enforced.
- The number of seats allocated in each row will be limited to meet government regulations. If your group is larger than the maximum number in a row, every effort will be made to allocate the rest of your group in a row nearby.
For any questions or more information on how to access the match please contact the NSW Waratahs Membership Team on firstname.lastname@example.org