Buildcorp Wallaroos Head Coach Jay Tregonning has named 13 Waratahs in his match day 23, including nine in his starting side, to take on take the USA in the second match in the Pacific Four Series this Sunday.
Hooker Ashley Marsters is set to start alongside front-row regulars Liz Patu and Bridie O’Gorman, who both made their return to the starting line-up in the side’s last match against New Zealand.
The replacement opens the door for Reds hooker Tiarna Molloy to make her debut being named on the bench after starting hooker Adiana Talakai was ruled out with a knee injury.
While Molloy is the only debutant to be named in the team, she now could be the third Queensland Reds player to make her debut this series, joining teammates Annabelle Codey and Cecilia Smith who earned their first cap last week.
Brumbies outside back Jemima McCalman is the final change to the starting XV, earning her first start in a Buildcorp Wallaroos jersey replacing Reds bolter Ivania Wong, who is out due to injury.
After a successful performance against New Zealand, Western Force captain Trilleen Pomare remains in the No. 10 jersey with Waratah playmaker Arabella McKenzie coming off the bench.
Buildcorp Wallaroos Head Coach Jay Tregonning said: “Despite the result, we were quite impressed with the team’s performance last week against New Zealand.
“We’ve picked up a few bumps and bruises along the way – thankfully we can cover it with the depth we have in this current squad.
“There are a few players that will now get the opportunity to make a mark straight from the kick-off and I know they are extremely eager to make an impact and keep that starting jersey.
“The United States have become a bit of a powerhouse in Women’s Rugby on the world stage and they are going to be a very tough opponent.
“The only time the Buildcorp Wallaroos have beaten the USA was back in the 2002 Rugby World Cup in Barcelona so a bit of history is on the line for this one.”
The Buildcorp Wallaroos will face the United States on Sunday 12 June at The Trusts Arena in Auckland kicking off at 10:15am AEST with every moment streamed live ad-free and on demand with Stan Sport.
Buildcorp Wallaroos team to play the USA at The Trusts Arena on Sunday 12 June at 10:15am AEST
- Liz Patu – Queensland Reds (26 caps)
- Ashley Marsters – Melbourne Rebels (13 caps)
- Bridie O’Gorman – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Michaela Leonard - Brumbies (7 caps)
- Kaitlan Leaney – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Emily Chancellor – NSW Waratahs (9 caps)
- Shannon Parry (C) - Queensland Reds (15 caps)
- Grace Hamilton – NSW Waratahs (18 caps)
- Iliseva Batibasaga – NSW Waratahs (18 caps)
- Trilleen Pomare – Western Force (14 caps)
- Jemima McCalman – Brumbies (2 caps)
- Pauline Piliae-Rasabale – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Georgina Friedrichs – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Mahalia Murphy – NSW Waratahs (14 caps)
- Lori Cramer - NSW Waratahs (7 caps)
- Tiarna Molloy – Queensland Reds*
- Madison Schuck - Queensland Reds (3 caps)
- Asoiva (Eva) Karpani – NSW Waratahs (5 caps)
- Annabelle Codey – Queensland Reds (1 cap)
- Piper Duck – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Layne Morgan – NSW Waratahs (3 caps)
- Cecilia Smith – Queensland Reds (1 cap)
- Arabella McKenzie – NSW Waratahs (7 caps) *Denotes uncapped